NES 2.0 Mapper 539
From NESdev Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
NES 2.0 Mapper 539 denotes a bootleg cartridge conversion of the original FDS version of Kid Icarus (パルテナの鏡).
- CPU $6000-$7FFF: 8 KiB fixed PRG-ROM bank $D
- CPU $8000-$9FFF: 8 KiB fixed PRG-ROM bank $C
- CPU $A000-$BFFF: 8 KiB switchable PRG-ROM bank
- CPU $C000-$DFFF: 8 KiB fixed PRG-ROM bank $E
- CPU $E000-$FFFF: 8 KiB fixed PRG-ROM bank $F
- PPU $0000-$1FFF: 8 KiB of unbanked CHR-RAM
Certain ranges in the CPU address space are overlaid with portions of 8 KiB of PRG-RAM as follows:
- CPU $6000-$60FF
- CPU $6200-$62FF
- CPU $6400-$65FF
- CPU $8200-$82FF
- CPU $C000-$D1FF
- CPU $DF00-$DFFF
PRG Bank Select ($A000, write)
Mask: unknown D~7654 3210 --------- .... BBBB ++++- Select 8 KiB PRG-ROM bank at CPU $A000-$BFFF
Nametable Mirroring Select ($FFFF, write)
Mask: unknown D~7654 3210 --------- .... M... +---- Select nametable mirroring type 0: Vertical 1: Horizontal
- Save data is not retained.
- The conversion retains all writes to the FDS sound channel registers. An emulator could provide the expansion sound channel even though the original cartridge did not.