NES reference guide
From NESdev WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This page lists all major hardware reference divided by categories in their simplest form. From this list, you can drill down to a more specific section of the selected category.
- 2A03: APU, CPU
- Input devices
- Cycle reference chart for various PPU and frame-related timing details; includes CPU cycle counts
- Cartridge board
- RF Famicom wiring diagram (many parts also applicable to NES)
- Errata: Hardware bugs and quirks
- Famicom cartridge dimensions
- Vs. System
- CIC lockout chip
- PRG RAM circuit
- Implementing Mappers In Hardware
- Tutorial on reading circuits in Visual 6502/2A03/2C02
- RF modulator board
- Nintendo NES-001 on Console5
- Demo Vision
- Fonts - fonts used on official devices
- List of games with significant regional differences
- Arcade cabinet - advice on building a DIY NES arcade cabinet
- Nintendo header - A metadata header found in ~33% of licensed NES games.
File format reference
- List of NES emulators
- Emulator tests
- Game bugs - games that display buggy behavior on the actual hardware
- Tricky-to-emulate games
- Sprite overflow games - games which use the sprite overflow bug of OAM
- Colour-emphasis games - games which make use of the colour emphasis bits of $2001
- Colour $0D games - games which use the infra-black colour $0D.
- Expansion audio games - Famicom games that use extra audio hardware.
- All content refer to the NTSC system unless otherwise specified