Arcade cabinet

From NESdev Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Say you want to build an emulator-driven substitute for a PlayChoice and play your NES games in that. You'll need these parts:

  • A PC running an NES emulator modified to support selecting games with the joystick and buying play time with the coin buttons
  • An arcade cabinet that follows the JAMMA standard, which is a lot easier to find than an authentic PlayChoice or Vs. cabinet
  • J-PAC ($59), a JAMMA adapter that appears as a USB joystick
  • A video card supporting 240p output, such as the ArcadeVGA (PCIe, $89), or an LCD monitor that mounts in an arcade cabinet

TO DO: how to hook it all up

Replacement parts for 8-line slot machines and other arcade machines: