From NESdev WikiJump to navigationJump to search
NES-CPROM (no HVC-CPROM known) is a particular Nintendo cartridge board which uses discrete logic to provide up to four 4 KB banks of CHR RAM. The iNES format assigns mapper 13 to this board. Only Videomation, a paint program for NES, is known to use it.
- PRG ROM size: 32 KiB (DIP-28 standard pinout)
- PRG ROM bank size: Not bankswitched
- PRG RAM: None
- CHR capacity: 16 KiB RAM (in two 8KiB RAMs)
- CHR bank size: 4 KiB
- Nametable mirroring: Vertical
- Subject to bus conflicts: Yes
- PPU $0000-$0FFF: 4 KiB fixed CHR RAM bank (first page)
- PPU $1000-$1FFF: 4 KiB swappable CHR RAM page
Bank select ($8000-$FFFF)
7 bit 0 ---- ---- xxxx xxCC || ++- Select 4 KiB CHR RAM bank for PPU $1000-$1FFF
The CPROM board uses a 74HC161 (4-bit latch) and a 74HC08 (quad 2-input AND gate), with a 74HC04 (hex inverter) to unify the two RAMs.
- Kevtris's notes
- The NROM-368 proposal is also compatible with this board.